Monday, May 29, 2006

flash, went the weekend!

My family and I spent this past weekend doing things together. It was a nice change of pace from all the stuff that's been going on lately. I didn't go to the new office at all this weekend, didn't even talk much about it. This weekend was for my family to hang out. The community pool opened so we took Ian over there each day. I got my flower beds dug up and planted with seeds (the annuals were pretty much in already). I got the yard mowed, the veggie garden in, the necessary perimeter fencing up (to keep out the bunnies), the garage cleaned up and some pieces of wood cut out for my wife (she's doing some sort of crafty what not thingee, and needed some stuff cut out). I even did some reading in my training manual (you ought to see the size of this thing, OMG). My wife even sat and watched the race with me Saturday nite. Thats was pretty kool! Ian and I went to hit golf balls two times over the weekend and we even had a Memorial Day picnic this afternoon in the garage. All in all, it was a pretty nice weekend. I am beat, even though I managed a nap Saturday, yesterday and today... how is that possible?? he he

All of that being said, I can tell that something is amiss in my spiritual program. I have been just this side of pissed off through various points over the weekend. Ian was all over my last nerve on several occasions (he has entered the "why" stage). He cannot seem to do anything without talking incessantly and asking a million questions. For whatever reason, I really had a ahrd time with that this weekend, really ever since I came home from Texas. I wonder if perhaps I enjoyed the solitude of the road a bit too much, and have had difficulty re-adjusting to having a 4 and a half yr old hangin' round. I really hate it when I get this way... It seems to be something I cannot control well. I am hoping it's one of those "this too shall pass" things. I got super duper busy, and I know I am stressing out a bit with all the changes going on, but that's no excuse for being short with Ian and Tiziana. I need to try to make a few extra meetings, and get a bit more regular with my blogging. With all that's been going on, my program has been neglected just a smidge. It kinda hacks me that even after 10 years sober, I still need "X" amount of meetings and AA contact, reading, prayer, etc in order to maintain a positive attitude. I am reminded of a bit of the big book... "We are not cured of alocoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent upon the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee--Thy will, (not mine) be done." " p. 85

I think that about sums it up... Back to work!

5 comments:

dAAve said...

I've heard that if I don't miss any of my regular meetings, everything else will fall into place. And I will know peace.
So far, so good.

Rex said...

Glad you had a great weekend. I too must have my certain meetings each week or things go crazy.

Mary Christine said...

Yep. I still have to go to meetings. Small children are a trial. No matter how much we love them, they can try the patience of a saint.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»