Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to you!



Whew, busy busy! What with Ian's B-Day, the In-Laws in town and the workload, I have been too busy to read and post... I've got a small break in the action here so I thought I would catch up a bit...

We had a nice birthday for Ian on Monday, he enjoyed his day and all the kool stuff he got. This weekend upcoming, we go do the birthday tour with my side of the family... I am sure glad that this B-Day stuff is a once a year occurance and so is my wife. She works super hard to do really kool stuff for us, especially when it comes to gift making and giving. She made the cake (see photo), pretty kool, huh? Ian is into monster trucks big time, so she made them jump over the candles... I just feel bad for her cuz she's exhausted and grumpy as a result of the busy weekend... I am tryin' to stay outta her way, he he. If I can work it, I am gonna bring the boy to work with me Friday. I am working a short day so we can get on the road to Toledo for the weekend so, I thought it might be fun for him to come to work with daddy...

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, thank you for the gift of continuous sobriety. Without You in my life, I would not be able to stay sober or live to good purpose. I pray that I may remember how hard my wife works to do nice things for us, and how tired she gets hanging out with Ian all day. help me remember to be patient and tolerant. I pray for Your Will for my all my friends and family and those out there who are struggling with life. I pray that I may remember to take an attitude of service into my day and make myself available to help others, thinking of myself after You and my fellow person. Thank You God for all the blessings in my life today, and for making Yourself known last evening during the RCIA session, You really touched me. I especially pray for Your Will for my young sponsee who is out there doing his thing, ignoring my attempts to be there for him. I pray also, that I may remember why he behaves the way he does, and to not take his "blowing me off..." personally.

peace to y'all...

1 comment:

Scott W said...

Ian is just so cute!