Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday doings...

Well, just a quick one before we head to the YMCA, Ian has basketball class so, I am taking him there, and grabbing a quick workout while he's in class. Man, do I need to get it in gear... Then, he and I are going to do a lil shopping... Our church is ciollecting toys and clothes (new) for kids/families who are less fortunate so, we're going out to buy a couple things for that. Then we gotta get a couple things for mommy's birthday coming up Tues. Then, it's off to get our Christmas tree! We've been using this raggedy old artificial tree at my wife's insistance. Well, this year she threw me a curveball and said we ought to get a real one. I nearly fell over! I've been wanting to do that since we've lived together because that's what I was raised with. My dad and Iwould go out and cut one down, bringin it home, etc... It was a tradition and I am glad we finally get to do this with Ian. I dont know that we'll actually cut one down this year, but at least we'll get a real one. maybe next year we upgrade to cutting one down. At some point I want to go get a live one and then plant it after Christmas in the yard.

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, please help me stay sober today. I pray that I have the motivation to get in a good workout while Ian is playing B-Ball. I pray that You use me to teach Ian about giving today, about Christmas and helping others. Please help me be a good dad, and teach Your Lesson. This past week has been one of reflection when it comes to the business. Please help me get that sense of urgency going again with regard to building business for December. Help me remember how easy it is to let up after a big month. And as always, I give thanks to You for all the blessings You've given me and my family. Please help me share those blessings with others.

peace to y'all...

1 comment:

lash505 said...

How cool is that...