Tuesday, January 23, 2007

RCIA

Man, what a class we had tonite. This evening's topic was the Eucharist. The center, the source and summit of our Church's life and faith. I am overwhelmed with what I have learned these past months in RCIA. There's just so much more to learn, so much I sort of comprehend but feel I need to understand. I think my greatest relief thus far is found in learning that in the Catholic faith, God/Jesus/Holy Spirit/HP are just as personal to the individual as the HP is to the individual AA. I was afraid I would be asked to re-learn my HP, learn a new "other person's" notion of a God. Man, there's another stereotypical misconception on my part. What a beautiful faith... I hope I am able to continue accepting the various aspects of the faith, and that I might remain open-minded enough to grow in my faith journey. There's just so many things I had wrong, and I am so glad I was wrong! I am glad I finally came to the point in life where I am ready to join but I wish I had done it sooner. Ah well, we get where we're going when we get there, no time for regrets. but, I have definitely been missing out. Anyhow... wow!

I did feel better today, that too did pass, as I knew it would. My circumstances haven't necessarily changed but I felt better spiritually, and was able to concentrate better at work and get more done. Speaking of work, whew the deals I am working on are all hanging by thin little threads and the wind is a blowin'. Bummer, cuz I could really use the cash injection right now. Things are getting quite tight again. I am looking forward to getting out of this typically slow period of time in our industry. I know HP will see that we're taken care of but it does make me nervous, being in the position I am in. I've invested a lotta cash and time into this little shindig and I would hate to see it all come down like a house of cards.

Prayer for the day...

God/HP/JC, thank You for yet another sober day in Your Light. I pray that I might sleep with a clear mind tonite, knowing that if I try to live Your Will, all will be as it should and I have no need for worry. I pray that You might help me unblock that which shields me from the sunlight of Your Spirit. Thank You for Your Church and all the salvation You provide through the Church and your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that I might grow to be a loving, faithful member, that I might carry Your Message of hope and salvation through the way I live my life.

Peace be with you all, thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I love hearing about your RCIA journey. Thanks for taking the risk to share it.

Rex said...

It's great to hear the passion you have for your Higher Power. Thanks for sharing your faith journey with us.

Sunshine said...

Good to read you again. Keep on keepin' on. Thanks for sharing the Journey with us!

Anonymous said...

I always love your prayers, Scott -- and that's saying something since I am not Christian -- ever thought about publishing them somehow?
Good to read you again.
Peace,
Scout

ArahMan7 said...

"If you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything."
Marva Collins

Good luck on your spiritual journey.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how we find our faith and church again through sobriety...something we were so afraid of before.

That has been the most amazing discovery of working AA...that I have opened myself up to Christianity more than I would ever allow myself in the past...and my life has changed so much.

Mary-Anne said...

Hi Scott. Nice prayer. I really like the part about unblocking. I value your embracing of your higher power, its does my spirit good to read about it.

Three more sleeps til your birthday/anniversary!!! Just in case I'm not able to drop by on Sunday, I'll offer up my congratulations now. May the miracle of the program continue to life and carry your spirit.