Friday, March 09, 2007

tgif!

Well, day by day I am feeling better, thanks to modern medicine and my willingness to follow directions. I have finally had a couple nights in a row here where I've slept well. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes! Of course, now Ian has come down with something similar so right away we whisked him off to the doc. Hopefully we caught his before it gets too bad... poor lil dude!

Don't tell anyone (shhhhh) but I have really missed going to the gym andworking out. I haven't been there in a week and it's a bit of a bummer. The temptation is to get right back over there tonite since I am on my last day of antibiotics and I feel alot better. But, I am still congested and I really think I better take it easy through the weekend. Hopefully Monday I can get back at it!

Wed nite, I got to the place where we have our meeting and the church who owns the building was holding an event there. I mean really, the nerve of those people... holding an event in their building, without asking me! (kidding... lol) So, I sat out front in my car until 10 minutes past start time to let each guy know our room was in use. I didn't want one of our rough n tough AA men to wander into a room full of church kids and say something he might regret before he knew they were there lol. Plus, since I had idea this would be going on I felt responsible to be there and let guys know, since I couldn't say anything last week. Yay God, I didnt even get pissed or cop an attitude. One thing though... a guy who had been just coming round for about 6 weeks rolled up and he told me he had been drinking again for the past week. He looked in rough shape, ya know how we do. He came over to ask me to sponsor him but not to go to the meeting. He said there was no way he could attend a meeting having drank earlier in the day. We spoke for a bit, I let him know that there's been plenty of drunks in meetings and that I would love to go get a cup of coffee and sit and talk with him for awhile. He insisted on leaving, wouldnt even let me drive him home or follow him. I felt just awful because of course I was afraid for him, out there driving. He wasn't smashed or stumbling or slurring but he told me he had been drinking this morning. He asked me to meet him at the Thursday nite meeting a couple towns down the road and of course I agreed right away and also told him I would sponsor him. My only regret was that I couldn't get him to let me take him home... Well, he got home ok and showed up last nite at the meeting. We talked, he got his 24 hr token and was in relatively good spirits. He said that he asked me to come to that meeting not so much because he needed to see me but that he needed to make himself accountable. He knew that if I was going to be there he would have to go and he did. We're going to give the sponsor thing a go, a day at a time. I pray that I am prepared to carry God's message of hope for Jack.

Prayer for today...

JC/HP/God, thank you for another sober day! I pray that you will continue to lift my destructive obsessions and help me clear away anything that seperates me from You. God, I seek Your loving mercy and forgiveness, for I am an imperfect person. Thank You for loving me as I am, for Your Loving Guidance that I might become closer to You each day. I pray that I might open my heart fully to You that I might walk with You today, sharing the Love and Grace You so freely give me. Please use me to do Your good works today. Please accept my "step" uncle into Your loving embrace and give him peace at the end of his journey. I also pray for Your Grace and Comfort for his close family who will mourn him this morning.

the peace of God be with you all...

8 comments:

JJ said...

Happy Friday and I'm glad you are doing better.
JJ

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday Scott..we all do our best for today...maybe you will hit the gym Monday ..maybe you won't .We all have to practice staying in this day and dong our best..including me.ugh.I have been sick too dude.I chuckled at your words..willingness to follow directions.Keep taking care.
Thanks for sharng.

lushgurl said...

Hey Scott I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better, I never did get to the doctor, thankfully I am well again.
Your new sponsee is very lucky to have you!
*HUGS*

ArahMan7 said...

I'm happy my friend that you're doing A-OK. We need more role model like you, Scott. Make them feel accountable.

Happy weekend!

My Name Here said...

So glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear the little one is getting sick. Hope he is better soon!

Katy said...

Hi Scott!

I'm so happy you're feeling better. Boy is this stuff going around... Wonder if it was a Computer Virus? Okay I know, bad joke. But how else do you explain all of us getting it? Hmmmm? ;O)

I think you're going to make a really wonderful sponsor and the world is a better place with people like you helpin out!

Thanks for being you!!!

Shannon said...

I have been sick, and I missed a few days of working out, and missed it terrible, so I just worked out. I know we are gonna get there Scott!

I am glad you are feeling better, I think I am almost done.. I hope I hope. I will say a prayer for that guy.

I just love your attitude in this post. You rock Scott!

((((((((HUG)))))))))

lash505 said...

hope you have a good weekend scott..