Wednesday, April 25, 2007

prayers for my wife and stuff...

Man, I woke up Sunday with a rumble belly! I must have caught Ian's stomach bug, ugh. I didnt have the awful side effects he had, thanksfully (I'll spare you those details) but suffice it to say that I felt like death on Sunday and Monday. It passed fairly quickly, so at least there's that!

We're under some heavy rain for today and tomorrow so it'll be a good time to finish up with the organizing and cleaning up, post garage sale. We're giving a bunch of Ian's old stuff to my step bro and his fiancee. They keep having kids and dont have much moolah so we're wanting to help them out with some hand me downs. I am looking forward to finishing organizing and clearing space in our home after divesting ourselves of stuff. I had hoped we could've gotten rid of more, btu hey we did what we could do. We're also taking a bunch of stuff to the thrift store in town where my biz is.

I have been thinking and even praying a bit on whether or not to become a religion teacher (catechist) for church. The only nite they hold classes is Wed nite and that's home group nite. I could go in for the 5:15 - 6:15 session, that would put me with the elem kids, not my first choice. I was hoping to teach Jr Hi or HS. I think what I will do is volunteer to sub for the Jr Hi ior HS teachers when needed (that way I wouldnt have tomiss home group very much) and volunteer to work with the RCIA class (the adult class I just finished) next year. That way I can get my feet wet, and learn what it is to be a good catechist. That's kinda what I have been thinking anyhow.

My poor wife has her 2nd root canal (in two weeks) today, ugh! And Monday she has the first appt for one of her crowns... I mean, this poor woman brushes the hell outta her teeth, and still has all these problems. I have these awesome teeth and never have any trouble. I feel bad, but I am grateful that I have good teeth. I just hope this root canal doesn't leave her as miserable as the last one. She really had some pain for several days. I think she thought that it wasn't going to hurt as bad and as for long but it seemed to me (not that i told her this, OMG) that maybe her expectations might have been a lil off. I mean shoot, she had major oral surgery and digging and what not. That doesn't just start feeling good right away... plus, she kept tweeking (OWIE) the root canal when she was chewing, I mean that's going to hurt for a long time when that happens. So anyhow, give her a thought and prayer maybe, I know I sure will be...

Prayer for today...

God/JC/HP... Thanks for another sober day, and thanks for the cleansing, relaxing, calming, good smelling rains you've brought us. Thank You for the business You've brought my way. I am grateful to you for giving me the means to provide for my family and to do good works in my community in Your name. Thank You for Your help and wisdom on the catechist/volunteer thing. I think we've come to an agreeable gameplan together. I pray that You can help me be patient with my wife today and going forward as she struggles with her dental stuff. I also pray for forgiveness for the soul of the man who committed the awful acts at VT last week, and especially for the families and victims and heroes. Also, I continue to pray for Your Blessings and Comfort for the E family who's mom was murdered a couple weeks ago, and for the soul of the remorseless murdered, and also for my friend Mark and his family who lost their grandma recently. I also pray that I might be enlightened by Your wisdom through prayer, at Mass and through the various things I read and people I meet. I pray that I might constantly seek ways to become closer to You through act and thought, that I might ultimately share this closeness and Your Glory with those around me.

peace be with you all!!

6 comments:

lushgurl said...

Great post and prayer as usual! Ouch a root canal! I have a partly don botched on from years ago...too afraid to go back to finish it!
HUGS

Pammie said...

Oh..poor girl....just be extra supportive...I gotta feeling that you are good at that :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no coming out of both ends I am assuming. Ya, not fun!

Poor wife, I don't know but I love root canals. I think it is a part of my Dz, to feel the pain and embrace it. Kinda like my foot rt now, it hurts but how I love the pain. I am a sick one. :)

IB Profin, when those moments come that are unbearable (I actually have them) is great!

Shannon said...

I think you are such a sweet hubby. I will be praying for her to get better soon.

Anonymous said...

dental work
blegh!


looking foreword over here to a yard sale in a few weeks or so
come on over. you can buy a bunch of our useless junk. you have room now, right?

Redhead Gal said...

Nice weight loss! What are you doing that's working?