Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day eve...

Well, tomorrow's the big day for all you mom's out there... I will be playing Ave Maria with our organist during Communion for both Masses in the morning, part of my gift to my wife. I have a couple of potentially risky gifts to give tomorrow, along with the usual meal at a restaurant and quality time-filled day looking for plants at the nursery and just driving round on a beautiful day. What pray tell are these potentially risky gifts?? Well, during one of our recent "conversations" she mentioned that maybe there was something to the "law of attraction" stuff she heard was in the book "The Secret" and she thought maybe she should get it, that it might help her. She seems to think she attracts a lot of negative crap, and well, I wonder if sometimes perhaps she sort of does, by way of self-fulfilling prophecies about stuff always turning out poorly, etc. So, I got her a copy of that book, and I also got her a copy of a book that has been nearly as helpful to me as our Big Book. That is Jeffery Gitomer's "Little Yellow Book of YES! Attitude." Geeze, I hope she doesn't take these books the wrong way. I am so afraid she will but she asked for the one book and well, the other one has been just awesome for me.

I think there's a fine line between trying to change someone and trying to be someone's husband and partner, seeking to help that person becasue if you can't offer help to them, who then can? So, we'll see how all this goes, I will pretty much downplay the "YES!" book as an little extra and mention I got the "Secret" book because she said she wanted it. Ian picked out a nice watch for her, she will love that. I plan to say a prayer or two and write something non "co-dependant" sounding to give her with the books. I am hoping that the musical offering at Mass, Ian's gift, the new plants for her for our landscaping and the nice brunch and day well spent together sort of overshadows the books. I dont want her to feel like there's some sort of pressure on her to read them and then "she had just better damn well be makin' some changes..." lol

We had a nice day today, once I got home from my closing that went 3 hrs longer than it shoudlhave but that's a bunch of insanity we just don't need to discuss... Suffice it to say that Ian and I were supposed to go to Toledo for Fri nite and today to stay with my mom for her Mother's Day and this loan really screwed it all up. We never got to go, but my mom understood, was very kool about it, as she alwyas is! I have a great mom! I am just glad the dang thing finally closed, it's been a fiasco the whole way through. The good thing is, the customers got an excellent loan on their new home, and didn't have to spend a nickel out of pocket. It really turned out to be a great deal for them and they were really pleased.

Prayer for today...

God/HP/JC, thank You for an awesome sober day today. We so enjoyed the beautiful weather. And thanks for finally helping to conclude that insane loan today! Thanks also for using me to carry Your Message in the jail mtg this morning, man it was a great Step 1 mtg. God, please help me be a part of a wonderful, loving Mother's Day tomorrow for my wife. She works very hard and does very well for Ian and I pray that I am able to show her my love and gratitude, without condition. And, I especially pray that she accept my gifts in the spirit with which they are intended. God, please use me tomorrow during Mass to help make a beautiful Mother's day for all the moms at church. Thank You so much for the gift of music and for the courage You've given me to share it freely with others.

peace be with you all, and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Happy Mother's Day !!

Trudging said...

There is something to the law of attraction.

Shannon said...

I think you are soo sweet Scott. I am glad she liked those books and how could she not. I think you are being a good husband. :)