Tuesday, July 31, 2007

#400!

I am pretty surprised to find myself posting #400. I would normally never stick with a journal but, with you awesome bloggers out there to share the joys and struggles of recovery with... who can give this up? Not I!

A close friend and sponsee came by my office yesterday. It seems that his girlfriend/mother of kids "tossed him out" on Sunday and he was scrambling on his day off to make new living arrangements for him and his 3 kids from his previous marriage. He was pretty torn up about it and just came to share, and so I listened. I have known of their troubles for years... She is classic controlling al-anon, emotional basket case at times and total u-know-what at other times. He is a classic self centered alkie like me, who has helped nurture 50% of a messy co-dependant relationship, again like me! He even has the sick twisted "mother-in-law" who doesn't get to enuff AA meetings and has her own agenda... The stuff he shared was so familiar to me, and I had sworn to myself long ago that my wife and I would never be like them, and yet we're closer to them than ever. Well, we shared some E, S and H, a big hug and a few laffs and he had to dash off to take care of biz. J, I will be praying for you my friend! I hate to see you and her, and those kids (6 of 'em all total) in such a bad way.

Still waiting patiently and with much forward gratitude for the official offer from Chase Bank. In the meantime, I am acting as if, and working on processing all of my files for record storage and so forth so when the offer comes, I can close up shop and get over to the new gig as soon as possible.

I am going to head to Mass once I finish here, go in early, and pray the Rosary for the friends I have that need prayers and God's Grace in their lives to help with their various struggles. A good business aquaintance (the realtor who really gave me a break 3 yrs ago in trusting me with his clients) passed away over the weekend after a long uncomfortable battle with emphysema. He spent the last 4 months of his life in the hospital following a double lung transplant that ultimately failed. There's something for you smokers to consider. (no, I don't mean to judge, only to lovingly point out what's to come if you continue smoking...) Thank God, I was given the Grace to quit 5 and a half yrs ago.

prayer for today...

HP/JC/God, please help me to stay sober just for today. I ask Your Grace and Blessings for J, and Joe who's hanging on for dear life with leukemia, for L who passed this weekend and for all those out there sick and suffering for any reason. Please guide our world leaders that they might find peacful resolution to the conflicts of our day and please protect our armed forces, bless them and their families with abundant peace and joy. I pray that I might be ahumble servant today, doing everything in Your Name. Thank You for the abundant wealth, health and joy in my life today, Thank You most of all for the gift of Your only Son, Jesus.

may the peace of Christ be with you all...

5 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

Thank you for pointing that out, but (self-defense!) that's the only luxury I allowed myself! Believe me, it's in my agenda as well as in my wish list to stop smoking. You'll be the first to know if I make it.

Your friend and kids are in my prayers.

Shannon said...

I loved that prayer!
I am wanting to know something Scott... when you said "Well, we shared some E, S and H," what is E, S and H? LOL

Hope you have a good evening

Anonymous said...

u-know-what -- hey I think I can be that too! LOL.

Well you are spiritually fit to be of service and so God is matching you all up right now. I do enjoy reading about your experiences, real life, and your conclusion with a prayer.

Pammie said...

good post today. How loving of you to take the time to do prayers for your friends.

Scott M. Frey said...

E, S & H = Experience, Strength and Hope