Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the winds of change...

Interview #1 went well yesterday afternoon. Interview #2 with a different company is this Thursday. It's time to look around. Things are getting difficult in the mortgage biz and my compensation is based mainly on the volume of loans I close. Due to the challenges in the market, that volume is constricting, which means my income is diminishing for the same or greater amount of work. So, I have to look around, and take care of #1 (my family!).

A friend asked me to lead this coming Thursday evening at my old home group. It's been awhile since I have been to that meeting, much less shared my lead there. So, it was a nice surprise and I am looking forward to seeing everyone I've not seen in awhile. I enjoy leading meetings, it helps remind me of who I am, where I've come from, and just how much more work I have to do yet. Leading brings me to a more humble place.

prayer...

Heavenly Father, I give myself over to You today. Please guide my thinking, direct me to to Thy Will, not mine. I pray that I might seek the needs of those about me today, ahead of my own, knowing that it's Your Will for me to help others. That's what I am supposed to be here for, helping others. I ask Your Blessings on my friends, family, people who struggle with addictions, especially my friends and family who are suffering with illness right now, be with them.

Thank You for this day, I pray I make the most of it.

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I wish you the best of luck with the employment situation. I know it's gotta be tough.
Hang in there. The right thing will happen.

steveroni said...

Scott, this Thursday has at least TWO highlights in the planning--a second interview, and a 'lead' at the Thursday night meeting. It's ALWAYS fun, really FUN to renew old friendships (especially in the program) and to meet NEW friends.

It is still a practice of mine, WHEREVER my day takes me, to say to myself, "Wow! I wonder who God has put in place for me to meet today? What exciting event or happening does He have in store for me today?"

And, ya know, even if it's just a friendly smile from a stranger, or a communication with a like-minded store clerk, or running into an old friend, there is always SOME occasion which I can look back and say, "Hey God, 'I SAW what You did there'".