Sunday, December 07, 2008

My friend Steve had an important newcomer at a recent meeting. Stop by his blog and wish him well. You can read a little about him in his comment to my last post. I am guessing that he could use a prayer or two. I know I will be praying for him and his son won't you?

It's a busy time (well heck, its ALWAYS a busy time, it seems lol) around our household. There's all the usual stuff going on, plus the preparations for Christmas, the Advent activities leading up to Christmas. I have been focussing on keeping a positive outlook and attitude, not letting the minutia of each day get me all stressed out and insane. So far, a day at a time, it seems to be working. It really, really helps when I focus on the things I have to be grateful for each day and keep myself close to God. I've been doing a few extra readings, and carrying a prayer intention card with me in order to help keep my focus on what's really important.

To that end, if anyone has someone they'd like me to help pray for, please feel free to leave your intentions in a comment. I could always use more people to pray for.

prayer...


Heavenly Father, thank You for this day, for a beautiful Mass this morning. I pray that I might be ever watchful and always prepared for Your Son's return to us one day. Please hlep me grow closer to you in my efforts to be prepared. Please be with the people on my intention card, especially through the Advent and Christmas season. This can be an especially difficult time for some people. Please use me to carry Your Message of hope.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are such a sweet man. I will go by sober steve and give him some support

Also could you pray for my friend Cynthia, she is heart broker, her dog Timber was just run over and killed, and she is just beside herself which I could totally understand.

(((HUGS)))) have a good rest of your day

Gene Bach said...

The soldiers are always a good bet for prayer.