Sunday, January 25, 2009

prayers and gratitude

Today, I am so grateful for my sobriety... There's no particular reason, other than the fact that all the goodness in my life has come as a result of surrenduring to my disease of alcoholism and addiction. Once I could finally surrender to my illness, I could give myself to the loving care of the fellowship of AA. Once I beganto follow the suggested Steps, I came to believe (however slowly) that HP (God, Jesus, Creative Intelligence, Power of the Universe...) was saving me from myself. Little by little over the past 12.99 years, I have given myself more and more to the loving care of HP and AA, and now the Catholic Church. It is my HP that saves me, as long as I continue to seek His Divine Will and give myself to Him daily. I am grateful...

Prayer petitions...

If any of you have anyone I could pray for, please let me know I would be happy...

My personal prayers include prayers for God's Will and His Healing Grace for:

My friend Mark's mom, my niece Natalie, my cousin Kyle, my friend Bill, my friend JB, the families of a few co workers, me, my wife and son, my family, my AA/blogging/church families.

I try to make time daily for kind thoughts, well wishes, specific prayers for all these people who have various issues and thingsin their lives. I truly believe in prayer, that it heals me and it helps to heal those whom we pray for.

Peace to all who enter...

No comments: