Thursday, May 13, 2010

the dog ate my homework...

Our annual local Relay for Life campaign is coming up in a few weeks and I've been asked to read thelist of Lumiarias (honored survivors and deceased) at the evening ceremony. I am honored and flattered to be able to do this. I'll have friends and family on the list I'll be reading. We always take a little time to participate in relay each year because of how Cancer nearly stole my wife's cousin whom we're very close to. I lost a wonderful friend several years ago and I know lots and lots of folks who've lost family and friends, as we all do.

We have another counseling appointment this morning. We've been hitting about 2 per month since February and it's helping. But we were both asked to do some homework this last session and niether of us did it lol. I was/am supposed to be taking extra quiet time to be alone, get "whoa'ed up," centered, and focus on HP, in other words meditate on a regular basis. I haven't done it even once. My excuse is that I have been too busy and I have been busy. But, with all of the things going on and the dervishes in my mind, I need to stop, get off, dust off and get close to HP on a regular basis. I pray alot, but I don't spend longer stretches of quiet time alone. I've never been one that had much success at meditating well or frequently. I struggle to slow my mind down. I will have to "fess up" to the counselor today.

That's all I know for this morning, gotta run lol. ironic...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meditating is one of the things I think I get the most out of, and one that seems hardest for me to consistently make myself do. My sponsee just finished step 11 and she has trouble sitting still and quite to meditate, too, but her choice of meditation was to say the St. Francis prayer every day which seemed to work well for her.

drybottomgirl said...

"Be still and know that I am HP" I totally relate. I'm in constant motion but since I have made the effort to have quiet reflective time with my HP daily before I go to bed, I do have more inner peace. Even as simple as asking for help in the morning, and thanking HP in the evening. You know what you have to do, so do it :)

Gledwood said...

Dog ate yer homework..?
Least it was a cute shaggy white terrier that did it and not something vulgar or horrible, haha!