Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Ian and I will be heading up to Toledo to visit my dad and my step-dad today while my wife gets to stay home and get ready for our vacation to WV (we leave Weds). Ian and I road trip very well together so it will be fun to have plent of time in the truck together. We'll hang out up there until around 4, then dash home in time to catch the Sunday night concert at the pavilion in town tonight. We have a bluegrass band coming in tonight and we're both really excited for that.

Well, all of the hullaballo surrounding the new Lockkeeper's House is done with. Friday night was a reception for the donors to the project, then yesterday we welcomed a few elected officials and state agency dept. heads to town for the dedication and grand opening. We had a great turnout, the weather cooperated and all went well. I'm glad that's all behind us, it has been an exhausting few weeks, with moving and preparing and such. Now, we just get to go to work each day and do our thing in the new place.

Ian is after me to go open some FD presents, and ya know, who wants to deny the boy his fun, right? So, I am gonna sign off, feeling much gratitude this morning. God Bless, and enjoy a peaceful Sunday!

1 comment:

drybottomgirl said...

Sounds like you had a great Father's day and from what I can tell you are a great dad. I'm having a bit of a time slowing down myself lately and I can tell I'm feeling worn out because of it...I hope you new week is much more relaxing and that you have a great family vacation.