Thursday, June 24, 2010

slowing down...

I'm at a skate park (skateboarding) in Beckley WV with Ian, enjoying the sun, enjoying the quiet and enjoying my boy.

It's good for me to take time away from the normal hullaballoo and just slow down. There will be a good bit of slowing down on this trip. No more racing to this and that. No meetings, media stuff, deadlines, etc for an entire week. I do have my Chamber newsletter to write but that's fun and stress free :-)

My job isn't hard or stressful, it's just busy and loaded with people lol. So for this alkie, taking quiet time to reconnect is vital to my sanity. HP and I are sitting here watching Ian do his thing. We're "catching up" on long overdue petitions and praise. We're sharing gratitude for blessing and challenges alike. And, we're simply basking in the warmth of spiritual connection.

Today is a good day :-). Peace be with you all.

2 comments:

drybottomgirl said...

and Peace continue to be with you and your family on this precious time away from it all.....

Syd said...

Sounds like a nice place to be. I am sure it can't be hot like it is here. Relax and have a good time together.