Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday morning stuff...

Well, we've been to Ian's soccer game.. It was a heck of a match, they lost 1-0 but it was exciting. Its nice to not be coaching, lol. Soccer isn't my best game, and Ian needs to play on a team where I am not coaching lol.

Last evening was our first football game. For those of you who are new to my blog, I was hired by our high school as the Asst. Marching Band Director. I had long since abandoned my plans to teach public school and be a band director (loooong story) so when this opportunity presented itself, I was thrilled and snapped it up! At any rate, we had our first game, first halftime show. It was awesome! I hadn't ridden the band bus to an away game in years so that was bizarre lol. But what a great night! The kids did great, we had fun and it all went really well. Damn, this feels great :-)

I have a TON to be grateful for in my life today. If it weren't for AA, God, you folks, I don't know where I would be. I wish I could express my gratitude more effectively, but I lack the words this morning. So, my plan is to live a grateful day, giving where I can, being of service and enjoying my life, sharing my love and gratitude with my wife and son. I'm just gonna keep it simple today!

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Watching our children play and grow is one of life's great joys.