Saturday, August 07, 2010

a sober saturday for dad!

Saturday morning, the promise of a blank weekend slate...

Ian had a little buddy over last nite, they are breakfasting now, fueling up for a day of 8 yr old insanity, dust, scrathes, bruises and laughter. They plan to be riding their bikes "ramping" as they call it, over some plastic ramps we got at a garage sale... A mini "X-games" if you will lol. It's a perfect hot sunny summer type day shaping up, good to be an 8 yr old boy.

Even better is that I plan to take Ian to Eldora Speedway tonight for a monster turck show and he has no idea. I am not going to tell him until we arrive there. We're only 20 minutes from there so he won't have a clue what's up. He will be blown away, boys night out lol. It's a great track, owned by a NASCAR driver (#14) and lots of fun. Ian loves monster trucks so he will have a blast.

Tomorrow evening, we're off to Dayton to watch the Dragons play (minor league baseball). So, we've got a great weekend planned. Sometime this weekend I will head up to the office, I have work to do in advance of being out of the office all week with high school marching band camp.

To me, this is what being sober is all about.

3 comments:

Em said...

I love sober Saturdays with my girls :) I wouldn't give it up for anything.

steveroni said...

Scott...is 8-year-old insanity ANYTHING like 80-year-old insanity???

(Shhhhh! I suspect the answer to be a resounding "YESSSSS!")

Always I am glad when you visit. Thanks!
Steve

Syd said...

Nice to treat you both to time together and something that he likes. Enjoy a blank slate weekend. Those are my favorites.