Sunday, February 12, 2012

some are sicker than others

And this weekend, that includes my entire household...  Some sort of creeping crud beset my wife during the week, and it has worked it's way into our home, affecting all of us.  We're all spending the weekend lying around resting and groaning.  It's some sort of head/sinus/throat deal.  My poor wife has it the worst, and she had to go to sectional finals swim meet all day yesterday (she's our high school asst coach), ugh!  So, I took care of junior and the house, she came home and died (figurativey speaking, of course) lol.  Hopefully today will go a long way toward mending us all.

I will go down and set up/chair her home group meeting for her today, I'm not feeling as awful as she is.  (Plus, given the past couple of weeks challenges and disappointments, I'm definitely going to benefit from extra meetings.)  I haven't seen many of the folks who frequent her meeting in quite some time, so it will be good to go help out.

I do appreciate the kind words and prayers for mom.  Thiss upcoming week will be a telling one.  I'll be spending some additional time in prayer and with my nose on p. 417 in the 4th Ed. Big Book.  The only way I will be able to handle mom's situation and be a source of strength for her is to get to lots of meetings, pray and meditate (NOT mediCate), and just accept whatever happens.  So, that's the plan.  Its a simple plan, and one that NEVER fails to work when I work it.

I had hoped to get a lot of work done this weekend, with no outside committments or hustling.  I guess the plan was more geared toward resting, according to HP lol.  I can get caught up on some of your blogs and do some blogging of my own here and for my real estate blog.  So, we adjust and roll with it.  That's the beauty of a serene sobriety.

2 comments:

October O Nine said...

Sorry for the impromptu visit from Mr. Sickly but it sounds like things got rearranged to your benefit. I love your takeaway message about plans changing to a more restful itinerary!

Syd said...

Take care of yourself. I hope that the creeping crud will ease up and all will feel better. Remember HALT.