Sunday, January 29, 2006

the shower

Where does my 4 yr old get the energy? A simple shower... an "invigorating" simple shower, can be a battle these days!! God, I thank you for my son, and the patience you occassionally see fit to give me when he is as wound up as he is! Funny thing is, he can go from upset about taking a shower to playing in the shower without missing a beat. I hope that one day, I can figure out how to switch gears so quickly from anger to joy/serenity. I try to look at the world through the eyes of my 4 yr. old. When I can manage to see things the way he does, man what a great place I am in... Nothing is as important, everything is something interesting, life is simply to be lived...

I think one of the most difficult things I have had to do since I got sober is to learn to take myself less seriously. I mean 250 yrs from now, heck 50 yrs from now who's going to know I was around, or maybe... at least who's going to know what I was so fired up about just this past week? I was asked an interesting question at a spiritual retreat last weekend. "What was it that upset me so much on Dec 21st.?" Well, with the proximity to the Holidays, it had to be something to do with family or Christmas or something. So, while that's sort of an easy one, I got the point! Slow down Scott, take it easy, and just enjoy the dang shower...

No comments: