Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Step 10


"Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it" Ok, so maybe not promptly but, here goes!

Lex- I am so sorry I didn't make it out to your home group, although it was great to talk to you on the phone. My first day of training was that day, and it was alot like drinking from a fire hydrant (wish I could've figured out how to do that, when I was drinkin', would've been more effective, I think!). I was exhausted... I know, excuses!! I did call dAAve that afternoon and leave a message, but he never got it... So, my sincerest apologies!

dAAve/Scott- Sorry for not meeting y'all out at Lex's home group, but hey at least y'all got to go to an "outta town" (ok, outta loop) meeting! See excuse above...

dAAve/Scott- Sorry for not getting online sooner to let you guys know I made it home okay... I suck, he he. I got in on Monday afternoon, and promptly got to work mowing, being dad and husband, and sorta forgot to get online. I've been trying like hell to close out the loans with my former employer, and get my new office set up. Excuses, I know...

My fellow bloggers- Sorry for not getting online sooner to let y'all know I got home alright (see above), and also for not getting online sooner to tell you what great guys dAAve and Scott W. are! (and how sweet and welcoming Lex was on the phone) We really gave Lex the biz last Tuesday as dAAve Scott and I sat in the sun at Starbucks, sipping coffes and enjoying the miracle of sobriety. It never ceases to amaze me how much we're all alike, and yet our details are so different. I love that about AA/alkies!! We had a great visit Tuesday morning for a couple hours and then I met them over at the Lambda Club on Saturday morning for the 11:30 am meeting. Everyone was so friendly, and welcomed me in (no surprises there, AA is sooo like that!).

Of course, I had to include the photo for proof!! Thanks for such a great visit dAAve and Scott W. It really, really meant alot to me for you to take time to sit down and talk, and join me at the club... Awesome, thanks! And thanks to HP for making all of this stuff possible! I spent the entire 3 yrs I lived in Houston stoned, drunk, trippin' or something not of this world. Well, it was incredible to visit there sober. And Lex, I am sorry I missed ya!!! I will hook up with y'all again next time I am down, probably in February. Maybe then I will have "the fam" with me and you can meet them too!

If any of you other blogger types ever head to Houston, you simply HAVE GOT to meet these people, they are truly wonderful!!



8 comments:

Scott W said...

Scott, you are the third blogger from out of town dAAve and I have gotten to meet. We love meeting out-of-towners! Now we gotta get the rest of the Sobriety Society down here! Look forward to seeing you in February.

Mary Christine said...

We ought to have an international bloggers convention in - Houston? Wouldn't it be fun?
Thanks for sharing the picture. I got a lot of vicarious pleasure from hearing about your trip.

dAAve said...

Thanks back to ya Scott. I (we) really enjoyed getting to meet you and visit. And because of you, we met lex as well.
I don't remember doing these kinds of things with guys from the bars.

Tennessee Santa said...

excuses, excuses, excuses, It sounds like you were busy but managed to have a little fun in the process. Good luck in your new venture

dAAve said...

btw Scott- I finally got that voice mail, 5 days after you left it. Maybe it had something to do with long distance roaming or something. Who knows?

Trudging said...

Do you ever come to Hartford?

Scott M. Frey said...

dAAve: guys from bars, too funny... I am glad you got the message... even if it was late...

Gooey Munster said...

Houston it is! So when is that recovering blogging convention happening????