Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hope...











Each June, the folks in our part of the county come together for our annual Relay for Life. This past year, I lost a dear friend after his long, protracted, graceful battle with cancer. Teddy was a pretty special man, touched many around him with his kindness, peace and sense of humor. Even through his 3 year on again off again fight with cancer, he was a shining example of the Grace of God. My wife's cousin won her battle with Cancer the year before last. And, a friend of mine is losing his dad to cancer right now. So, we lit "luminnairies" (gallon milk jugs w/candles in them) for each of our loved ones I mentioned... Here's some photos. They hold this event at our HS Football Stadium, I guess you could have figured this out... Anyhow, it was quite an evening... Especially since last year I was praying for God's will for Teddy and this year, I am praying for God's will for Teddy, now that he's gone from among us in body only. I still wear the "livestrong" band I was given, the day I found out Teddy's Cancer was back.

We prayed for those we lost, those who have seen their battle through and those who are currently fighting for their lives. We prayed for the surviving families, the caregivers, medical professionals, scientists... All for God's will... peace to all of you...




No comments: