Saturday, June 03, 2006

serenity...

Today was a wonderful day.... I know I shouldn't always assign value to everything, just take it as it comes, but today was really a pleasant day. I went to my Saturday morning jail meeting up at the county jail. We talked alot about acceptance (mainly because there isn't much of that to be found injail). It was such a great meeting, I walked outta there so pumped up! I spent a good chunk of the afternoon doing yard work with my son, while my wife painted some crafts in the garage... Once I got the yard work done, I took Ian over to the "Big Pool" as he calls it (the community pool). It was chilly and breezy, so we were only there about an hour.... I came home, we (me and Ian) watched the end of the Busch race, then my wife and I made a nice dinner, I grilled out Tuna steaks & we had stuffed 'shrooms and corn on the cob. After dinner, we all took a nice walk around town with Cosmo (it was her 2nd walk today, I took her out this morning too, she's a happy dog). After that, I made a fire in the back yard (yes, on purpose) and we cooked marshmallows and a couple hot dogs, until the thunderstorm blew in. Now we're inside and it's about to rain (again).

Today, we had a perfect day. No crabbiness, no bitchin, not a lotta whining outta the boy. It was just good old fashioned pleasant summer Saturday working/playing round the house. It was one of those days you daydream about in February... I love these kinda days! I'm a blessed fella!

6 comments:

dAAve said...

Dear Mr Cleaver,

Thank you for the very nice day. I enjoyed being with your wonderful family and your pretty dog. You prepare delicious and nutritous food.

Sincerely yours,
Eddie Haskell

Mary Christine said...

You are a blessed fellow! Thanks for sharing your day with us. It sounds wonderful.

Scott M. Frey said...

dAAve- eeddddiiiieeeee!!

Gooey Munster said...

LMAO from reading dAAve's comment. Too fricken funny.

What a blessing to be so alive and a part of a beautiful family. It is wonderful that you are embracing these things that were disregarded when we were sick. What a promise, what a blessed life you, your wife, your son and of course, Cosmo have!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»