Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy half nAAked Thursday!


How many times have we heard the expression "Take time to stop and smell the roses"? Well, I have a rosebush in front of my house that has a stalk that is as tall as I am. Well, it finally bloomed over the past week, so over the past several days I have been taking time to stop and smell the roses... I love the smell and it really sets the tone of peace and the miracle of creation my HP shares with me each day. I believe it really is important to take time to smell the roses.

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, thank you for yet another sober awakening. I am grateful to you for the various gifts and blessings You've given me. I am also grateful to be one of those children of Yours who finds You and finds himself closest to You while in the midst of Your natural creations. I love that all I have ot do is take amoment, center myself and tune into my surroundings while outside, and "foof" there we are, You and me, communing, listening, sharing... That has always been the faster and surest way for me to get into contact with You... Thank You for the miracles of Your natural creations...

peace and HNT to all of ya! Check out all the other crazy HNT peeps here!!

4 comments:

dAAve said...

hmmmm... let's see.
I have heard that phrase 4,681 times that I can remember.

Mary Christine said...

do they smell as pretty as they look?

One Drunk to Another said...

Scott, great post. Wish I could visit your blog more often. I used to love growing roses at my Dad's house. Anyway, thanks!

Suz

Trudging said...

Your nephew plays for UW, I went to Iowa and we always kicked their butts. (-: