Wednesday, November 01, 2006

curve ball

Well, as my good fortune would have it, I am up, awake (barely) unable to sleep (completely) and needing to shower and leave in about 90 mins (around 3:30 am) to drive 4 hrs to some mind numbing continuing ed for 9.5 hrs covering FHA loans (zzzz, but good info), the new laws going into effect this Jan 1st that shackle mortgage brokers in Ohio (zzzzz, but again necessary) and to top it off, compliance training with the Corporate VP of such things (way zzzz but muy importante!). I think after all that, there will be the usuall rah-rah dinner with the VP's somewhere that I can hopefully beg out of and begin the 4 hr trek home! Geeze, just typing it all out makes me wanna go back to sleep, I should've typed this out before I tried to go to bed 5 hrs ago lol... The best part: I have a roaring sore throat, a headache and a massive "mudslide" of sinus joy moving slowly from my head into my chest... I knew today would be a long day, but I hadn't anticipated coming down with a lovely cold just in time for my marathon day... One of life's lil curve balls, I suppose...

Ok, enough drama and complaining for everyone? That's probably more than enough from me, lol. I do so love to whine, it's a comforting behavior until I realize how annoying it can be to those around me (or reading my blog, lol) and how utterly useless it is! This is one of those "uber-moment/hour-at-a-time" days. I will just have to slap it together, dig in and do what I gotta do. I mean, all the other adults do, lol. It's just tuff cuz I am a 5 yr old in a 38 yr old mans body, lol. Ya know, the one sorta strange thing about a day liek today is even though it seems as if everything is a mess right now, it's really just that I am tired and don't feel particularly well (I am still complaining aren't I?) . There is a certain peace that comes with being tired and worn down a bit... I lack the energy to get all wound up about stuff.

Gameplan:

Shower, medicate, caffeinate, operate (my car, oh so carefully), caffeinate, cranberry juice-inate, smile and "nod-inate" thru training, etc., operate (my car back home) and collapse when I get back tonite around 10-11 pm. Hmm, I left out a few vital "ates" like meditate, ruminate and prayer-inate. I think I will drop the other one that comes to mind... I know you're dying to comment dAAVe, here's your chance!

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, I am so thankful for the gift of continuous sobriety You give me each day. I love my life today, I love my family and friends, bloggage, AA, the Steps, all the stuff "good and bad." Help me today to get out of myself and not focus on the not so fun stuff going on today. Help me get something out of my training today, it really is important useful stuff. Maybe, if You see fit, I could even contribute something useful. Please help me not be a big friggin whiner today (I know, too late... lol) and just let me be at peace. I pray that I may keep my mouth shut unless what I have to say is complimentary, helpful and useful. (man, I need to do that everyday!).

peace to y'all!

5 comments:

dAAve said...

Have a wonderful day, Scott.

(howz that?)

Gooey Munster said...

Aww feel better. With all this going on you won't have time to feel icky. That could be a good thing.

Happy November!

Mary Christine said...

Take Good Care.

Scott W said...

Such a busy boy!

Deb said...

I'm too old for a day like that. So how did it go? I hope you are feeling better.