Saturday, November 11, 2006

no checkin' out here!

no chance I am checkin' out dAAvid, just too dang busy (which is a good thing!)

"On awakening, let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives." --Alcoholics Anonymous p.86

One of my favortite little spots in the BB, it really gives clear direction on how not to drink for just today. For me, it sets the tone for the day, gets me in the paradigm of living and looking for God's Will in my life. It reminds me that my first intuitive thought, my first, best idea might need to be run past HP, my motives examined.... It reminds me that I cannot afford to be completely in charge, all by myself. Best of all, it reminds me that there is a God, and it aint me, and that He will help me, that I need not fear anything...

Prayer for the day...


God, HP, please remove my obsession to drink, use drugs and smoke cigarettes. Please help me remember that I am here to serve You and those about me. I pray that I may carry a vision of Your Will throughout my day today. I hope I take the time to reflect today, on how much I need You in my life, and how You have brought me closer to You, closer to a sane , peaceful life. Please help me today, to carry a good AA message to my friends in the county jail. I pray that I may have something to give that they can use... Thank you for my blogger friends, and please, I ask Your Blessings and Grace for all my family, friends, alcoholics, addicts and for those serving our country in harm's way. Thank You for our Veterans!

peace to you all!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Thanks, Scott, I needed to read that today. Have a good sober weekend!