Tuesday, November 14, 2006

prayer request...

This was forwarded to me in an email and really got to me... if you can find a moment for a kind thought and a Prayer for God's Will and Grace...

"We have a young couple in our church David and Christina _________. David is in Iraq and due to be sent back to the states in 3 weeks. He called Christina this morning at 9:30 am (CST) to say goodbye to her and their children (2 yrs and 10 months). He and his group will be leaving at 4pm (CST) today on foot to go into Baghdad. no vehicles or tanks will be taken. Their mission will last for 2 or 3 days and the purpose is to go door to door and capture all the snipers in the city. The commanders have told the men what a dangerous mission this is and it is very likely that most of them will not come back to their base. Christina is terrified and called on everyone in our church to pray. She said the men are also fearful. They were all told to call their families before they leave. I'm asking for each of you to pray for these men and women for the next three days. If your church has a prayer chain, PLEASE call and ask them to pray.

Thanks,"

...names intentionally left blank. This was forwarded to me in an email, came from a church in TX. I didnt want to include last names and contact info on the blog. I dont know if this is true or not but either way we ought to be praying daily for our soldiers. This just really got to me, had to pass it along.

2 comments:

Meg Moran said...

they have my prayers, and as always I pray for the end of this suffering

lash505 said...

They will be in my prayers