Sunday, December 17, 2006

guard it with your life!

The most important thing (besides the obvious of not drinking/drugging/smoking, etc) in my life today is my relationship with HP/God. Everything that is of any goodness in my life today comes from a faith in HP/God that He will see to it that everything is right with me, if I choose to follow Him. The result of following/seeking God's Will and Grace is a life of peace, contentment, joy, sobriety and spiritual wealth. As my faith evolves and grows, one thing becomes more and more apparent to me. I need to guard my serenity and my spiritual program with my life. Peace of mind in the face of chaos has become my most treasured gift of recovery. The fact that I don't have to spend my time freaking out over stuff that may/may not/has happened is incredible. The fact that I can just take the day as it comes, one day at a time is the biggest blessing of all. And so, through the practice of my faith, the spiritual steps of AA, prayer and meditation I am able to guard this serenity with my life. After all, my life depends upon it...

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, thank You for the gift of sobriety again today. I pray that I might use this gift to help others, to demonstrate to them that there is a way to get through the day in peace, with charity and most of all without drinking/drugging. I pray that I might prepare myself today to be used by You to do Your work, help others and share the gifts you've given me.

peace to y'all...

6 comments:

dAAve said...

I too guard my serenity with everything I have.
Have a fine Sunday.

Mary Christine said...

Peace to you too Scott.

Unknown said...

Have you ever thought of doing a 365 book of sober prayers? Like the 365 Days of Recovery Prayers? Your quite good I must say. hehehe (I have some English chap accent in my head) Sorry I am in silly burned out mode. No but seriously, you probably have 365 prayers already!!!

JJ said...

I need to guard my serenity and my spiritual program with my life.

A BIG AMEN TO THAT. I am working that myself.
JJ

Anonymous said...

Awesome words Scott. Thanks for posting.

Trudging said...

I second Gwen's idea