Saturday, January 13, 2007

remember...

Stuff I cannot afford to forget...

1.) I am, and always shall be an alcoholic!
2.) That my decision to not take a drink today is the most important decision I will make.
3.) I cannot recover by myself!
4.) I have been given back the gift of Free Will in my life.
5.) HP/God/JC gives me the strength each day to make the right choice about drinking & drugs.
6.) I have a responsibility to share this good news and gift of recovery with others!
7.) That I MUST get myself into better health on a daily basis, one day at a time.
8.) That I don't have to lose 65 lbs by the end of next week.
9.) That God/HP/JC didn't put me here to think of myself only and be miserable!
10.) That I am not perfect, but I should work towards God's perfection and accept the results.
11.) That HP/JC/God put me he to serve Him and those about me.

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the details of getting through a day on earth. I have to take time to remind myself of what's important, my purpose. When I keep these truths about me right out where I can see them, I tend to live a much more peaceful and purposeful life.

Prayer for today...

God/JC/HP... Please help me stay sober just for today. Please continue to remove my obsession to drink, use drugs, smoke ciggys. I pray that I may find a way to get out of myself and help someone else today. Please use me to carry Your Message of hope this morning in jail. I have to remember that I am not alone in the life and for that I am grateful to You. Without You nothing good in my life is possible. Thank You for this day, and the chance to live by Your Will.

peace to you!

1 comment:

ArahMan7 said...

Thank you fo th reminder. Another great post, as usual. Keep on posting, Scott.

Have a good weekend.

Greeting from Malaysia.