Thursday, February 08, 2007

workin' at home...

I have to meet a customer at his home in a couple hrs so I decided to work from home this morning. I like being able to do that! (of course, the Mrs. has begun her monthly thing- seems like every other week, the way she acts... and she's on the warpath this morning! I feel bad for her, and for me and Ian, lol I am hibernating, not adding to the problem, I hope!) I sure hope things pick up with work soon, it's been a real slow start to the year, not much fun there! I am ready to be bustin' butt! I have increased advertising and am going to roll out a really great new FSBO marketing program (for sale by owner). Still, this impatient alcoholic would like to be busier. A local realtor invited me to an open house here in town she's holding for other realtors. I am definitely going to be there shaking hands!

"Nothing pays off like restraint of tongue and pen." -p 91. Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

Truer words have never been spoken, where I am concerned.

Prayer for today...

God/HP/JC, please help me stay sober just for today. I give myself over to you completely that You might use me to do Your Will. I pray that today You might help me practice restraint when it comes to my mouth, and the sharing of my thoughts. Much peace has been won through silence and kindness. Let me practice both of those today! I ask a special prayer or two... for MC and her son and family as they deal with his dangerous deployment... for my friend Mike and his kids who lost their wife/mom to Cancer yesterday. For my new AA friend Jack who came to our home group last nite sick as a dog, but needing a meeting, to celebrate 30 days sober. He showed us what it means to go any length.

peace to y'all..

Check out my lil dude in the post below for HNT!

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

I solve half my problems if I can just shut up or not hit the send button some times!! : ) I love that quote!

And Ian looks so cute below! Aren't kids the greatest!!!

lushgurl said...

I said in my blog once that my tongue used to be long enough to reach my chin...after years of biting it it is much shorter...

Yes restraint ( in anything) is something I have to remind myself to practice, especially with my Devilteen! If I still have the urge after counting to ten (twenty, thirty, forty) Then sometimes I will say what I wanted to. Usually the urge passes, and good thing for me!!!

My Name Here said...

I am always talking my way into a corner!! UGH!!!!

ArahMan7 said...

Wishing you all the best.

Mary Christine said...

They say when you are slicing onions that you won't cry if you keep your mouth shut. Works in other circumstances too.
But then there are times to open your mouth too.

Katy said...

Hi Scott!

Just wanted to drop by and catch up on your digs... Your lil dude is a cutie pie!!!

Your daily prayer always speaks to me... Thanks for being an inspiration and thanks for being here.

Much love,
Katy