Thursday, August 02, 2007

Funeral for a friend

A friend and business associate passed away over the past weekend. He was an older gentleman who had been in real estate for 1,000 yrs, or so it seemed. He had a double lung transplant back in Feb or March and never left the hospital. I believe he suffered from emphysema, was on oxygen for the last few yrs of his life. He smoked for years and years as a younger man. I will attend his funeral this morning and share my prayers and condolences with his family and the business community. It's a shame, he enver got to enjoy the fruits of the real estate business he built and had just sold prior to going in for his surgery. He helped me alot, and also taught me alot, sort of gave me my business break in this small town market, which had been very tough to crack. LZ, thank you so much, may you come to rest in the peace of Christ, my brother...

I got a call from Chase HR yesterday, it seems that my "offer" is on the desk of the division mgr. Evidently, that is the final stop before HR can officially extend an offer to me. It was sort of a relief to get the update. I had been wondering, fighting off the urge to assume the worst, while praying for God's Will and keeping busy with what's in front of me.

My wife called me yesterday to let me know she got her mammogram results back. They found a small lump, so she's going Fri for a sonogram to get a further determination of what's going on. Evidently, if it is liquid filled, it's ok and they will most likely drain it. If it is a solid mass, they'll need to do a biopsy ASAP. Needless to say we'll be praying for good news, or at least for God's Will... it is easy to confuse the two at times...

I had the first of 4 classes on "how to taught like Jesus did, with confidence and creativity" last nite. I had to chuckle.. I mean, who learns to teach like Christ in "4 easy sessions" lol? And well, how would you like to have the pressure of teaching the class on how to teach like Jesus? lol Sometimes, religious things crack me up when I look at them closely... lol It was an awesome class, I am so cranked up about teaching our youngins!

prayer for today...

HP/God, JC, please help me to stay sober and at peace today. Please help me help another person in some way today... I pray that my friend and his family find peace through today's funeral service. Please be with my wife as she faces what coule be a pretty scary deal. I pray taht You use me to help her in any way I can. And if I might make a request, if it might serve Your Will and Divine Purpose, I pray that this little lump is a non-malignant non-issue. Our little boy needs his mommy and frankly, she has had a lot of health stuff to deal with this past few yrs. Thank You God, for Your Son and the abundant Blessings You continue to pour upon me and my family!

may the peace of Christ be with you all...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Prayers out to you and your wife. It is kinda scary when those things arise. I will check back on you to see how things are going.

Blessings~
Gwen