Saturday, March 29, 2008

had ta do it...

Well gang, a small victory for our dear friend that visits all of us from time to time, leaving long, silly repeated comments on our blogs... I decided to switch on the comment moderation feature so I could keep his stuff out of my blog. So, don't let that deter you from visiting and sharing, no big deal! Enough on that!

Well, today I am giving a free seminar for first time homebuyers. I am pretty excited! A local realtor and I are teaming up to put it on. We've got a couple nice little power point presentations, a few guest presenters, some snacks and drinks, and a bout 10-12 eager homebuyers signed up to attend. We're doing it as a free "service" to our community, holding it at the local YMCA, they are sponsoring it. There is so much lousy info out there, and there are still so many mortgage "professionals" and "realtors" out there who are in it only for the almighty buck. We thought it would be important to take the time to get the right info into the hands of people who need it, for free in a fun, professional manner.

Along with the seminar today, I was covering our booth at a local home show last nite, and will be there again tomorrow afternoon. So, let's just say that the official purchase season is kind of kicking off for me this weekend! Needless to say, I am already draggin' arse lol But, I love this kind of stuff... helping people, talking, meeting people... It's all a good time!

prayer...

God, thank You for my health; my sobriety; for people with differing opinions than mine, who have the passion to share their thoughts with us all. Thank You for my family and friends, the world of the blog, for AA and Your Church. I pray for Your Blessings for some friends of mine who are struggling with illness, and others who are struggling with financial/job issues, and especially for two of my favorite people and their little girl who are having a very bad time in their marriage/family right now. Please help me to help others today, keeping any material gain or thought for myself as a secondary result of doing the next right thing.

peace to you all!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh yes - I saw that rant and wondered when she was coming to visit me. As one of my friends said to me, "Feel sorry for them. We have a program and they don't."

dAAve said...

FYI - we are buying a house and begin negotiations tomorrow. I have a loan approval for more than enough @ 5.086%.