Sunday, April 20, 2008

The power of prayer...

Prayers are needed for:

My RCIA/Confirmation Sponsor's Granddaughter, she is 26, has a major stroke 2 weeks ago and is recovering. She's regained some speaking ability and some movement. Her right side was entirely paralyzed but she is gaining movement...

My brother in-law and his family, they are having marriage difficulties...

A customer's dad is fighting cancer...

Our Presidential Candidates...

Our world gov't, business and religious leaders...

Those with Cancer...

Those who have little or nothing to eat, no where to live...

Those alcoholics and addicts who are stiff suffering, and their familes...

Each other...

please do your part :-)

I believe in my heart of hearts that prayer works. I know I was prayed into AA, and through AA was eventually led to Christ in the Catholic Church. I am not so caught up in things religious that I require everyone to believe as I do regarding to whom you pray, and on what day you pray or how you pray. But, I know that down deep inside we all know that there is Someone or Something that's responsible for all this. That Higher Power is in all of us and we are all in the HP. I have come to believe in an HP I call God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit all one in the same being but all each with their own existence with the others. I believe they are the perfect embodiment of what HP is, both Divine and Human, within us all.

The important thing for me is that I humble myself daily to seek this HP and get myself in right relationship to HP. If it were not for the Grace, Mercy and Abundance of my HP, I wouldn't be sober and healthy today. Oh sure, I had to do my part, like going to meetings, reading, praying, sharing, sponsoring, being a sponsee. But, none of that would work if I hadn't found that God/JC/HS was here helping me and that I need to rely upon HP for everything. Everything good in my life comes to me through the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ, from the Father.

It is important to me to remind myself of this on a daily basis as I can easily slip back into the delusion of "self sufficiency" which didn't (and still doesnt) work out so well for me. And so I write this mainly for me, in hopes that maybe I can help lead someone to the Truth, the Way and the Life that is a relationship with HP.

And so I am so grateful for my relationship with HP, for all the blessings, challenges, opportunities. I love this life and everything in it, although there are times and things and people I don't like... In the end, I love it all.

may the Peace of Christ be with you all...

1 comment:

ukok said...

praying for your intentions, Scott :-)