Saturday, April 19, 2008

garage sale-ing!

Thanks to the miracles of wireless technology, I am actually in my garage, managing our garage sale as I write this post. Ya gotta love it! I was blessed to begin my morning at my Men's prayer group at Church, with some great prayer, discussion of God's Word and some excellent coffee! So, I think this day has a fighting chance!

We had our last CCD function Wed nite, what an awesome experience it's been, teaching my 8th grade kids. I am going to miss them alot. It's reallygratifying to know that maybe I was able to share something that might have added to at least one of the students' spiritual growth. And the nice by-product is that I seem to have made some friends. Each student I have encountered outside the classroom, out in public has been very friendly,s topped and talked a bit, even if they were out with a "pack" of their friends, lol.

Now that CCD is over, I can devote more time to my AA home group, which meets right after my class is over. I have had to miss several home group meetings and have been late to most of them since CCD began last fall. It will be really nice to be able to focus a bit more on making my home group a more effective place for recovery. I live in a small town and attendance usually averages around 6-8 people so home group members are scarce. Hopefully we can attract a few more over the summer.

The worst loan I have ever worked on finally closed yesterday. This customer (also a local realtor) was beyond impossible. I am guessing that whenI review my cell bill, there will be will in excess of 150 text messages just from the past two weeks alone from this woman. I am so grateful to finally be rid of her. I know that's not too nice to say but wow!

a prayer...

Heavenly Father, HP, JC... Please bless my friend Christin as she recovers from her sudden stroke. I pray that you are with my bro-in-law and his family as they struggle. Thank You for the blessings you send each day....

2 comments:

ukok said...

Hope your garage sale goes well, Scott! Praying for your prayer intentions :-)

Mary Christine said...

Hi Scott! It is wonderful that you enjoyed your CCD class so much. Those kids were blessed to have you!