Saturday, August 02, 2008

just a little note is all it took and everything changed...

What a week... By Wed, I thought I might have a coronary, work got so insane. By Thursday afternoon, I had met with my boss, been offered an additional bank branch to cover (which means more business) and had gotten my projected loan volume for August closing well in excess of my previous best month of May. I am ready for an uptick in production. Since May, it's been a difficult, dismal summer of loan origination.

Wednesday, I had gotten so angry with what had been going on at work, I had begun contacting various people in my network in order to put feelers out for a new gig. Thankfully, I learned early on in recovery that it doesn't pay to make rash decisions when I am angry or depressed, or even when I am really happy. So, I didn't walk out in a huff Wed, never again to return, lol. I think I came close lol. Strangely, as my day imploded, my wife sent me a sweet little email about hanging in there and how she knows things will work themselves out for us, and that she has faith that all will be just fine. The strange thing is, that she had been out running and just got all these thoughts and had to come in and share them with me. She NEVER does things like that. And I got the email right as things were really heating up. Right after I read her email, one of the main sources of anger worked itself out completely. I think maybe there is something to the notion that HP works through the vairous people in my life. It was almost scary! This little blog post does not do justice to how scary and bizarre it really was. HP definitely used my wife to provide a perfectly timed moment of clarity, and helped to bring me out of the super funk that had been building for a few weeks, slowly, subtly.

Thanks HP, thanks wife...

No comments: