Sunday, August 03, 2008

humbly asked

We had a great meeting Wed nite, discussing Humility. It's something I brought up as a result of my anger and displeasure with work. I knew/know I need to work on not taking myself so seriously all the time. It was interesting to get ideas from the other men on how they work to stay "the right size." A former sponsee and best friend (who's current sponsor sadly is dying of cancer, please pray for John R) laid this quote on us:

"Humility isn't about thinking less of yourself, its about thinking of yourself less." -John R. (my friend's sponsor)

I think that about covers it.

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

AWESOME to hear the right thing at the right time from the right person, right when you can hear it......... : ) I'm sure that's God. I'm so glad everything is working out so well.

ukok said...

prayers ascend for John R

Shannon said...

weird I too have been hearin that alot in these neck of the woods and prayers for john r HI my friend hope you are good :)♥

Unknown said...

Well said~

Happy Thursday :)