Saturday, November 15, 2008

saturday morning, rain

Another Saturday heading to the bank... I hate doing it, but it's when the peeps are in the branch and a great time to strike up conversations about people's mortgage needs! So, off I go. But before I do, I wanted to check in and say hey! HEY!

This week I got to spend all day Tuesday teaching 11th graders about the homebuying process. It was a lot of fun, but exhausting. I had 5 sections of kids but I was done at 2:30 so that was nifty! Teaching is definitely a tough gig but I think I would be pretty good at it. I did ahev a tough time Wed evneing with my 8th graders. One particular student who rarely shows up was there, being difficult, attracting attention to himself. And of course, being tired I allowed him to piss me off so I had to drop the hammer somewhat. I hate being like that but you know, sometimes ya gotta do it.

After class, I went to my homegroup, only to find one regular sitting there. So, old Red and I sat and talked until 15 minutes past the time the meeting ends. It was actually one of the better meetings I have been to in recent weeks. HP was definitely in the room!

Prayer for today...

HP, thank you for another day. Thank you for all the rain we've had this week, we've needed it. Thanks for Your continued Gift of Grace that keeps me sober. Without You I would have nothing, be nothing. Please be with my friend B as he recovers from brain tumor surgery. Also, please guide and direct my thinking today. Help me support my family monetarily and as a great dad and husband. And please help my son get well, he is sick with some sort of flu bug. Thank You that he has such a great mom to take care of him. Also, please be with those in the world who are strugging with this economy, and especially with those alcoholics and addicts out there sick and suffering.

Let's go have a great day!

peace to all who enter...

No comments: