Tuesday, December 02, 2008

prayers needed please

I called my step mom to chat about Christmas plans and so forth. She informed me that her sisters' grandson, a freshman in high school was hit from behind during a school hockey game Sunday and paralyzed from the neck down with a severely damaged spinal cord and broken neck. A freshman... I was shocked and just blown away. Now, I am not close to the family or anything, just semi distant step family but wow, I am feeling mighty low for that young man and his family. So, if you think of it, please say a prayer for Kyle. Thanks!

About last nite... enough said... nonsensical ranting, ugh. My wife told me today in an email that she would get over the Wii thing and that she is all weepy and hormonally whacked right now, to bear with her until she gets it together. I called her, told her I understand and that I love her and dont want to have a bunch of gift giving nonsense ruin ours or Ian's Christmas. Enough said...

CCD tomorrow nite.. I was struggling to come up with a lesson plan. Well, it was brought to my attention that our kids are not really too well versed in the Lord's Prayer, and what it all really means. And well, it's been awhile since I have spent any time really meditating and/or studying the Lord's Prayer so tomorrow nite we are gonna break it down! I am going to have them split into four groups, each group taking a chunk of the Prayer and discussing and writing dow what their part of the Prayer says/means in their own words.

Then we're going to go through what each section means, discuss that some and then read it in its form as it is in the bible, Matthew 6:9-13. After that, if time allows, we might take a few minutes to meditate on the prayer before I have the write about their favorite part of the prayer in their journals. And, that'll be it. I am looking forward to this class tomorrow nite. The last class I taught was a bit of a clunker, lol.

prayer...

Heavenly Father, thank You for this wonderful day. Thank You for all the business that has come my way at work. I pray that You will be with Kyle and his family as they deal with this tragedy. Please be with my wife and help her find peace in her day. Help guide our thinking as we await the coming of Your only Son at Christmas. I pray that I use this Advent season to prepare to meet the Lord. I pray that I remember and stay true to the real meaning of Christmas. Thank You for AA and for keeping me sober! Amen...

No comments: