Tuesday, January 13, 2009

gratitude

Heavenly Father, please help me today to be grateful for the blessings in my life...

good health (reasonably, lol)
sobriety, AA
my wife, son and doggie
to be employed
to be busy at work
to have a great boss
my family
my friends in the rooms
blogging
my bloggin' buddies
that I can help others
a nice Holiday season
my aquariums
low mortgage rates and the ability to help others save money
spring (when it comes)
music
teaching
the Church
and finally, for the Greatest Blessing, for Your Son Whom You entrusted to our care, Jesus.

These are just a few of the things I need to remember to be grateful for.

With all the things vying for my attention and time, it's important for this alcoholic to remain grateful. I can get negative and un-grateful unbelieveably quickly. So, I have to write them down and pray about them.

This weekend, I am co-leading our 10th Annual Men's Spiritual Retreat for Men of AA. We're going through the "Back to Basics" format, working all 12 Steps over 4 sessions this weekend. Suffice it to say that I am ready for a thorough housecleaning and blast through the Steps. We'll work them in partners in large groups, as they often did when the 1st 100 really low bottom drunks got sober. It'll be an historic trip back to our AA roots!

I pray that all who visit might find peace in their hearts today!

3 comments:

dAAve said...

Enjoy the weekend. One step at a time.

Sober Steve said...

hey great list. I need to make those more often. Guess what they have asked me to speak at the group where I got started a little over two years,,,wow,,,hard to believe it keeps adding,,

Thanks for all the hand in there,,keep trucking along,,

peace
Steve

Adrienne said...

Nice to see A.A. done the way the founders envisioned....