Monday, March 16, 2009

where DOES the weekend go?

Holy Time Lapse Batman! It's Monday morning already... By Thursday I felt as if I was coming down with the "creeping crud," another lovely sinus infection... I started the Cold Eze regimen and I think I might have fought off something ugly. I don't feel great, but I am not sick in bed or miserable.

Saturday our Cub Scout pack gathered over 1400 canned goods in town and we delivered them to the local food pantry. There were lots of other scouting groups dropping off canned goods also. It was a great feeling to be able to take all that stuff up there, knowing we are helping people who need it. I tried to impress that upon the boys I had with me on this project, not sure how much of it really sank in. I tried lol.

After a nice nap on the couch Saturday afternoon, I got up and got ready to head out to our first gig of the season with the big band (30's-40's music, Glenn Milller, etc.). We played a small town dance in a school gym. It wasn't terribly well attended but the people were into it, and that's what matters. It went well, considering the dry mouth I had from the cold meds lol. I got home so late Sat nite, I slept thru Mass Sunday morning... I needed the rest.

Yesterday I washed the new SUV/truck thingee, got some loan work done, cleaned the shower, took a walk in the beautiful weather and hung out with the boy... All in all, a productive, restful weekend.

This morning, I awoke before the alarm, by about an hour... The "itty bitty shitty committee" went ahead and held a meeting, covering the coming day and all I have to do. I realize that I am just this side of severely burnt out with work and all the stuff I have going on these days. I am glad I took time to rest over the weekend but dang, I could sure use a few days off lol. I pray that today I can keep things in perspective, know that I am not in this life alone, that God won't give me more than I can handle. I also pray that I remain grateful for this busy, busy time at work and do my best to serve those who come to me for help. God knows I wasted enough of my life sitting around drinking and using drugs, thinking of no one but myself. This is a necessary time for me to give. I pray I take good care of me so I don't get sick and run down.

peace to you all!

No comments: