Sunday, August 30, 2009

"day of rest..." sort of

Tonite, I get to go share my experience, strength and wisdom at a "nearby" meeting. I say nearby in quotes because living where I do in west central Ohio, most towns have a meeting or few. Many towns are small, rural agrarian communities, with a good bit of manufacturing thrown in. This particular small town is 30 miles or so from where I live, and I love driving over there to give a talk once or twice a year. I enjoy seeing different AA people and old friends alike. And there's nothing more relaxing than a 30-40 minute drive through the countryside on a peaceful Sunday evening, giving a talk, sharing some fellowship, then returning home. I never hesitate to say yes when they ask.

But before all that, I need to continue work on the "honey-do" list. I'm presently attempting to rebuild the doors to our little outdoor bldg. The old ones have finally just fallen apart. I'm not the most mechanically inclined so this could get interesting. I had worked on them and gotten part way done quite some time ago and then sort of let it go. I am going to finish it up this time! I also need to get our grass mowed, the trimming done and all sorts of other fun little things.

I've also got to write up my radio interview... 7:25 am Monday morning I get to do my first "every other week" Chamber of Commerce report live on the radio... It's just a 5 minute chat with the radio guy (who happens to be the outgoing chamber director I am replacing) about what's going on in our communities. Next month I have a couple TV spots to do, including a live one, promoting our big Oktoberfest. This is going to be a really fun job!

I enjoy days like this... I just plug in and go... work work work in a nice, non frantic pace and just enjoy getting stuff accomplished.

peace be with you all!

2 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Hope you had a nice day.

Scott M. Frey said...

I did, I did! Thanks MC for stopping by! Now it's off to go give a lead!