Wednesday, August 19, 2009

for simplicity's sake...

It's time to "clean house" if you will... My life has gotten to be so crowded with stuff, and stuff to do. Part of this change I am going through professionally will also involve some personal change. I've got to simplify things a bit in my life. So tonite I began by cleaning my home office. It had gotten to be a bit of a war zone. I grow tense amongst clutter. So, most of the clutter is gone. Now I just need to go through some drawers to rid myself of more clutter and stuff. I am feeling a strong desire to purge, so let the purgation begin!

I have until 8/31 before I start my new career. I will probably start early with them, like mid week next week. But before I begin this new chapter, I will finish purging my office, along with our garage. I also have been putting off building/replacing our awful shed doors for far too long. I actually have all the peice cut and painted, I just need to assemble them, take away the old doors and install the new ones. So, those are the projects I aim to have complete by next week.

As I noted awhile back, I find myself motivated to walk in an upcoming 5K. This will be a first for me. I've been walking when I can, a few times a week. But now that I have more time, it's time to get serious and get into a daily regimen, training if you will. And from a recreational/cathartic perspective, I owe myself a few trips around the golf course before I get too busy with my new career.

I hope and pray for some relief from the stresses of my former life, some clarity of thought, a re-charging of the afterburners and a re-connection with HP. Busy week, huh? It's about time for a little "me" time and that's what this is. It's about time spent getting myself back on track after a fairly miserable stretch.

"The greatest revolution in our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." -William James (1842-1910)

2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Make sure that you spend some time with you music,it is calming and helps get rid of the mental clutter as well. At least listening to Hammered Dulcimer music does for me.

dAAve said...

I'm glad (and your wife is too, I'm sure) that you're going to cleanse your drawers.