Friday, September 25, 2009

Simplicity

My friend Tabitha had a nice idea on her blog yesterday morning so I think I will give it a go!

She suggested that if/when we're feeling in a not so great space, we take a moment and make a list of Seven Simple Things...

My Seven Simple Things
1.) Fresh hot coffee, and the way it permeates the entire house in the morning...
2.) The quiet time before everyone stirs and begins their day, a time to center...
3.) Lying in bed, lingering, giving Cosmo extra lovin' and belly scratches before I get up...
4.) The peace of mind to know that I have nothing to get worked up over today, then the joy that comes as a result...
5.) A moment or two of quiet reflection and amazement at how HP has affected me over the years...
6.) Gratitude for all the goodness and peace in my life and in the world...
7.) Anticipation of the fellowship of good friends who come together weekly in the spirit of serving our youth...
That is a pretty nice way to center and focus. I like to spend time paying attention to the important stuff we over look. So, thanks Tabs, for a really nice "exercise" I can do any time. While I do have a lot of places to go and people to see and so forth with the new career, there's a certain lack of complication in my life these days. Part of it is literally a less stressfull, less complicated nightmarish job. But part of it also is my attitude and approach to life lately. I desire simplicity and peace. So rather than become upset if I don't find it, I try my best to create it within myself and share it.
I pray that today is a day where I help foster within myself and share the Sunlight of the Spirit. HP come through me today, sue me to do Your Good works. I pray that you're with the P family as B struggles to stay alive with cirrhosis. Please be with my friends B, J and T as they continue their battle with Cancer. I pray today for the courage to accept my family and be at pease with how they are and what they do. Please Lord, if you find I am in a good enough space, let me transmit Your Light and Peace to all those I meet today.
Thanks for another SOBER day!

1 comment:

steveroni said...

Prayers for cancer sufferers yes...I have a male Dave and a female Suzanne. And let us pray for them all.

Thank you
PEACE!