Friday, October 02, 2009

a couple big days in my life

gratitude abounds big time this morning, more than normal...

My wife celebrated 10 years sober yesterday, 10/1. If you knew my wife, you'd be so blown away at what she and her HP have accomplished together... It took her many, many years of stubborn returns to meetings (seriously, not pretty... "hopeless-est of the hopeless"), regardless of her condition before she could get a year sober... If it hadn't been for her "keep coming back " attitude, there'd be no reason for today to be such a huge day for us.

Today is Ian's 8th birthday. Had my wife not continue to stubbornly return to aa and had she not gotten sober, had HP not put us together in AA there'd be no Ian. I don't know what else to say about this. He's a miracle, we're miracles and we have AA, Dr Bob and Bill, all you sober drunks and addicts to thanks for all of these blessing in our lives today.

Yesterday and today are two of the biggest days of our lives... I am just so grateful to HP and AA and you guys for our blessed lives. I can't really come up with anymore to say...

thank you...

2 comments:

ukok said...

Congratulations on your wife's anniversary of sobriety and your son's birthday!

Anonymous :) said...

Amazing.