Thursday, January 14, 2010

I finally got my newspaper writing done yesterday, the block cleared and out popped an nice article! (at least I think it's a nice one, lol). I spent the afternoon yesterday calling on various member businesses for various reasons (i.e.: popping in to visit businesses I hadn't been in yet, popping in to collect unpaid invoices, to make some sales pitches for a retail
promotion I am doing, etc.). It was fun, reminding me of my days in industrial sales. It was just nice to get out of the office for a few hours and see some of my clients.

CCD was energizing last night, except that the 7th graders were just this side of insane... They were loud and obnoxious as only 7th graders can be. But, ya know it's 6:30-7:30 on a Wed nite, they don't want to be there and they are hanging with friends in a religious ed class so some insanity is to be expected. We did a fun "roleplaying" activity around St Paul, his Epistle writing and early Christian Church missions. They bought into it and we had fun and they did pretty well. But, it was exhausting, lol. By the time I got to my high school kids, my voice was toast from this sinus infection/cold I've been sporting the past couple weeks. So,t hat was tought because they ahrdly talk/engage at all... That was a long hour for us all, I believe.

Today I have a volunteer luncheon for the United Way to attend so free food is nice :-) I've been asked to give the invocation and I love praying and leading prayer so that too is nice. Tonight begins a new season of "Project Runway" so that is nice. The wife and I have been doing well, a day at a time so that is nice ;-) Kayla ("sorta daughter") came to me a couple times yesterday via text message with some goofy stuff she was dealing with and I helped her sort through some of that. That went well, so that is nice :-)

I guess right now, all seems to be well and nice, lol. And this is a good thing. There seems to be a general lack of discord and chaos in my life today. I pray that it continues.

1 comment:

Enchanted Oak said...

Peace and serenity in your life today. And today is all we got.