Friday, May 07, 2010

ch ch ch choices...

Well, it's Friday and around here that means no workee tomorrow :-) Of course with a public job like mine, you're never really "off duty." But hey, I don't have to hit the office tomorrow. Instead, I have to hit the trail, the 5K trail that is. I'm part of a project to help special needs kids and our kick-off fundraiser is tomorrow morning, a 5K Run/Walk. It's supposed to be chilly and breezy but we'll be raising money and helping kids that need our help so we'll be feeling mighty warm inside!

Our 5th wedding anniversary is today and that means wood. I'm buying my wife a new lilac bush. She loves lilacs and we've only got a couple of the late blooming variety in our yard. So, this should bring a smile to her face. We'll have one that is fragrant and blooms early to go with our late bloomers that aren't quite as fragrant. We'll end up with three to four weeks of lilac blooms next year! We've been together 11 years, married for 5, Ian is 8, lol. Ahhh God's wonderous miracle surprises :-) I'm grateful!

Today I have choices and options and a lot to think about. I'm wracking my brain to find ways to earn more income. Thankfully, I am not trying to figure out how to get or stay sober or drunk. today it's about growth, peace and serenity. But dang, we need more moolah lol. So, I can apply the principles I've learned in AA to the process. I can take stock of where we're are. I can write it down. I can take stock of our assets, our strengths and weaknesses. From all of that info, we can make a plan. And most importantly, I can pray for inspiration and seek counsel from trusted friends and family.

Today there are choices, there's an adjustable plan, there's hope.

3 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I hope she loves the lilac bush. I looked out at mine this morning. I am praying for the survival of the buds - now covered with snow - AGAIN.

Syd said...

Happy anniversary! I am sure that she will like the lilac. I wish that they did well down here but it is too hot.

drybottomgirl said...

Happy anniversary! Our lilacs are just starting to bloom...great gift! Trust in your HP and your money solution will appear!