Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Well, so much for drama going away. Now Ian thinks the older boys don't want him on the 3-4th grade team for some reason. I think he misses his buds and he's a little intimidated. But, now he's talking about quitting. And of course, my wife who seems to thrive on drama is all concerned and it will be nearly impossible to keep her from making a Federal case out of all this. I coach, I am there, I don't see anyone being mean or nasty to Ian or anyone else. The boys pick on each other sometimes and I try to quell that when I hear it. So, I am going to try to coax Ian through this so he can learn to toughen up a little bit. I dno't want to set a precedent to where it's ok to quit. My wife would have him quit in a second so she doesn't have to deal with it. She also hates anything that's competitive, can't handle that at all. And how did baseball get to be the American pasttime again? Geeze!

As far as the realtor deal goes, it looks like I will just have to wait to take my required licensing courses. I am simply blocked in. And ironically, when the band gig came along I was pretty excited, especially because it meant a paycheck. Unfortunately, it isn't much of one, and it's not worth the time commitment. So there's a fine "how do ya do" there lol. It's a bit discouraging because the one thing we need is increased income and it seems that I continue to find roadblocks to progress where that is concerned. Now I have an excellent opportunity for a second career, and I'm stuck lol. Ah well, something has to give, right?

It's strange how things seem to be great and going along nicely, then all of a sudden everything you thought was great isn't so much. Baseball is turning out to be a pain in the ass, certainly more than it's worth at this point. Cub Scouts has been a very big disappointment and now the air has gone out of my sails where the band job is concerned. I suppose all of this is happening for a reason, at least that's what my faith tells me. So my job is to make the most of these opportunities I've been given, be of service and just have faith in God that He will help me use these situations to better myself and my family. That part is difficult and I am damned impatient lol. And maybe the realtor thing isn't what I am supposed to be doing?

More will be revealed... Oh great, another platitude :-)

2 comments:

Syd said...

Hang in there. I have a feeling the pendulum will swing back to things being great and going along nicely.

drybottomgirl said...

This has been true for a lot of people lately. My husband and I have hit a few speed bumps, work is presenting new challenges, and I'm trying to survive the last week of school with my children and all the last minute projects. You have the right approach, trusting that God has a plan, that it will be revealed in his time not ours. It's rough to make those kinds of calls when our children are involved. I remember when my oldest son was in second grade. The teacher had pushed two desks together and paired up the classroom like that. Alex got stuck with a very snotty little girl who liked to cheat off his homework. I told him that he had to figure out a way to get along with her for a semester and we discussed some options for him. When he took tests or did worksheets he was to put a folder up and if she tried to look he was to raise his hand and inform the teacher what she was trying to do. I also spoke to the teacher about this and the first thing she said was, "Oh, I can fix that, I'll just move him". I said, "I don't want him moved, I want him to learn that there will always be people in life that you aren't particularly fond of, and you need to learn how to deal with them". Alex did what we talked about and soon the little girl got the hint to stop what she had been doing. We want so badly to save our kids from uncomfortable situations but it's their journey not ours. My oldest son had an issue with one of his best friends in sixth grade, it was painful and we had to work through it. It hurt me too to see him in pain but everything got resolved. Now at 15 when something is bothering him he tells me and we talk it through. Just talking can be helpful and I have to let him hurt or he will never grow. Go with your instincts someone first told me in parenting and 9 times out of 10 they are right on! Hang in there and you will swing back up to the good times soon!