Friday, September 17, 2010

Flash Friday 55

"Ein Feste Burg ist Unser Gott"
(A Mighty Fortress is our God)

From a strange dream I awoke to find myself protected. Evil was below and beyond, yet not close enough to affect. I could hear the wailing, almost smell the scorched souls of those who couldn't repent. Perhaps not a dream at all, now that I give consideration to last evening's affairs. How can this be?




Write a photo inspired story in 55 words or less (I don't include the title in my 55 words, maybe that's cheating, lol). Once you've posted your "55" go visit G-Man to let us know you're out there!

I found my photo on my iGoogle home page, with an app called "Amazing Places of the World." I am not sure where this place is but it's an inspiring photo for me. The title is actually the title of an old German church hymn, one of my favorites.

7 comments:

drybottomgirl said...

Great photo, great 55! "A mighty Fortress is our God" indeed! He will hide us, and protect us. Comforting thoughts. Have a great weekend!

Brian Miller said...

oh, it kinda makes me wonder about what happened last night...nice 55...love the descriptions...

G-Man said...

Just what kind of place is this anyway?
Maybe it's Purgatory?
Excellent 55 My Friend..
And yes...I count the title in the word count. but since there are NO 55 Blog Police..Forgettaboutit!!
thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Dulçe ♥ said...

Seems you went to bed -maybe-with the wrong company... It's easy to get away from heaven and from hell as well...

Great 55!
;)

KB said...

That's one scary story you've got going. Great 55.

rebecca said...

"I could hear the wailing, almost smell the scorched souls of those who couldn't repent." - wow, *applause*

very, very nicely done....excellent 55

Syd said...

Nice one. It reminds me of the fort at San Juan.