Saturday, June 18, 2011

weekend musings

It's funny how peace can be interrupted so easily lol. I had such a good feeling yesterday afternoon after that wonderful meeting. Some work nonsense reared its ugly head last evening and I allowed it to upset me a bit. The good news for me (and those I live with) is that I made a decision to not allow it to ruin my evening and weekend, and so I've let it go for the present time and I intend to continue on with a wonderful weekend with my family.

When we choose, God will give us the Grace to let things just be what they are, accept them and focus on the next right thing. There's really nothing happening in my life that requires me to be upset or angry today. Sure, there's plenty I'd like (and need) to improve, and with God's Grace I will. Step 10 of the AA program tells me that anytime I am disturbed or upset, it is up to me to be at peace. "It is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us." -12 Steps and 12 Traditions p90.

Today, right now it's up to me to be happy, peaceful, kind and thoughtful of others. So, that's the plan as we get ready to head out to the lake for a couple days. I love the simplicity of the program, even while at the same time it can be so difficult to practice. It seems to me that most things divine are completely simple in nature but difficult for us to practice. That speaks to our flawed nature and need for God's Grace.

I'm not sure I will be able to post again until Monday or Tuesday. So, have a great weekend and be well!

peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't let the work stuff shatter your peace. It is said that if we keep chuntering such ideas over and over in our heads then it makes the problem grow and overwhelm us, so now I try not to let such things ruminate and I certainly feel calmer. Enjoy your peaceful break :O)