Wednesday, July 06, 2011

preparations

Good morning all! It was a fabulous festival weekend, and it's taken me this long to begin to get caught up and recover lol. I don't know how people can drink and party all day. Hell, I worked this festival from 8am until after midnight Saturday and Sunday and I was still exhausted yesterday. All I drank was water and iced tea. Maybe I am just getting old lol.

We're beginning preparations for our vacation to the Outer Banks. We head down there on the 24th and we're pretty dang busy right up to departure time lol. This will be the first time just the three of us have taken a vacation. We always visit family when we travel. And we're blessed to have family in great places like Wet Virginia, Colorado and Arizona. But, it will be nice having just the three of us, doing what we want together. We plan to visit the Kitty Hawk historic sites, do some pier fishing, maybe go crabbing, eat seafood, walk the beaches, watch sunrises and just relax and have fun. We're even going to take Ian to see the home of Gravedigger (the monster truck) in Kill Devil Hills. We are going through WV and stopping to see her folks on the way down and back and due to finances, we're only staying in NC for four nights. I've never been there, Ian's never been there and my wife has been longing to go back for years. This will be a special time for us, to be sure.

Meditation for today...

Today, I am grateful. I am sober, healthy and I have reasonably healthy relationships with people I love and who love me. I cannot expect or ask for more than that. I must remember today that God provides everything I need. Even though I may be fearful of some things happening in my life, I must have faith that God will provide as He always has. My most important task is to stay connected to God so I know what I am supposed to be doing. I must seek His will and do my best to live in agreement with that. I must serve God and help others. In doing so, my needs will be met.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honk as you go through WV. I'm in Charleston.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Great gratitude! YAY GOD!

Scott M. Frey said...

lol thanks for visiting, ladies! Kristin, my wife is from St Albans and Beckley. We'll be visiting both on the way through!