Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday stuff

A local church held their annual "Summer Heat Show" last night and I took Ian along. The show is a fundraiser for a local food pantry, and features local bands (rock-n-roll/pop) from a small guitar studio in town. The bands are made up of junior high and high school kids from around the area. I wanted Ian to see what that was all about. Of course, he enjoyed it and now wants to play drums in a rock and roll band. I'm good with that lol.

Prior to the rock and roll show, our parish held our annual outdoor Mass and picnic. That was a really nice event. It wasn't overly hot, picnic food was good, fellowship was nice. I feel so connected to HP when I am outdoors, that the outdoor Mass is special to me. We haven't missed it in along time. I felt especially connected to God at Mass... I love that.


I took a new buyer client through an open house yesterday, we have another to visit today. I'm enjoying real estate and slowly, business is building. The plan is that someday real estate will be full time and I will eventually buy the business from the present owners. Right now, the focus in on one client at a time. Thankfully, I have a day job that provides a salary, even if it isn't enough to cover everything.


I plan to hit the noon meeting at least once this week, if not twice. I was unable to get there last week, due to an oversly busy schedule. Even at 15+ years sober, there's a need for meetings. If nothing else, I am reminded of what I have to look forward to if I go back to my old life of drinking and using drugs. Newcomers keep me coming back. I gain perspective on my life, and I am reminded of the solutions to life's challenges and opportunities. Meetings are still my vital link to a solid recovery. That will never change. I guess for me, meetings are a sort of beacon, or lighthouse to guide me through rough waters and into safe harbour.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Glad that your business is picking up. I hope that continues. Things are still pretty slow in this area, certainly not like the boom of so many years ago. But I am an optimist.