Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday, gotta luv it!

Whew, I woke up a lil fuzzy this morning... It's raining, grey, etc. Actually, a beautiful morning as it smells wonderful and we could use the rain. However, it's Monday, and that can be shitty. I don't know what it is about Monday mornings but they can sure suck. I did my readings, etc. I even had a positive attitude about the fact that I went from 240 lbs last week to 242 this morning. I can't bitch, it's my own damn fat-ass fault. I ate like shit on Tues, Fri and Sat. Eat like shit... feel like shit... look like shit... weigh in like shit... it stands to reason. but, it gives the IBSC cannon fodder to add to the joys of Monday morning BS.

We're supposed to go to the Wisconsin/Bowling Green football game Saturday at Cleveland Browns Stadium to see our nephew play ball for UW. Well, of course, Ian is sick... in August?? WTF? Oh wait, that's right, we have plans to actually go do something fun! (we don't have much of a social calendar). My mom e-mails me this morning telling me we need to find somewhere else to board the dog this weekend, cuz their dog isn't feeling well and they don't think we should bring our white tornado with us this weekend. So, we need to see if our boarder has any space this weekend, oh did I mention it's Monday before Labor Day weekend? um, yeah...

I come in to the office and mysteriously, my office PC is all screwy. It always amazes me how when you shut your machine down on Friday and it's working perfectly. And you come in on Monday and it's like it went out drinking all weekend and is all messed up. Goofy... Well, I got that thing straightened out finally.

All in all, it's one of those mornings where I have tried to get myself feeling good, keep positive, etc. However, it has become apparent that no matter what I do this morning, more shit's comin' round every corner. And now, I've arrived at that delightful place where I don't even care to be in a better mood. We all know the place. I was temtped to delete this post this morning but I can't have y'all thinking I am this "perfect, serene, never pissed off or annoyed by meaningless shit" kinda guy. So, I figured I would stay real and let y'all know just how crazy I am this morning. This too shall pass, there's nothing going on I can't deal with, find a solution to, etc. But, the way I am feeling right now is what I need to address.

So, I am heading to the 12: 30 mtg today for sure. I am going to pray thru gritted teeth ( I find it especially difficult to pray when I am this pissed and annoyed ) and I am going to attempt to restart my portion of today. I don't wanna, I would rather sit here and be all pissy and childish... (if I hit two keys at the same time again as I type this, I may just scream, lol). But, HP is there for me, nothing is really wrong in my life, the problem lies within me and my attitudes... So, it's off to read a lil 417 in the 4th ed. BB and do some praying...

Prayer for the day...

HP/God, thank You for the blessings in my life today, especially my sobriety. Thank You for them, even though I cannot see them right now for my poor attitude blocks them from my view. I pray that I might decide to let You into my heart this morning, that Your loving, healing powers might help me feel better. I pray that I don't take my minor weight setback out on myself too harshly. I am grateful that I took the time to go to the grocery yesterday and buy lots of fruit n veggies for lunches this wek to get back on track. Thank You again, for all the blessings you continue to give me... I will try to remember that no matter what's going on, just rely upon You, and everything will be fine.

peace to y'all, especially me...

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hey Scotty! : ) Good to see you! I'm poking my nose out in the blog world from time to time now.... : ) I'll email you the details as soon as my computer quits having a Monday too : )

Mary Christine said...

Thank God feelings aren't facts... and this too shall pass..

Gooey Munster said...

Hope you discovered some magic today when you lead the meeting. And as for the MOndays blah, I am trudjing there right next to you my friend. Hey, we have a Holiday coming up and now the seasons are changing again.

This helps me to keep my Mondays serene and reading up on you definately adds to my recovery!

dAAve said...

Thanks for this post Scott.
The weight gain thing, well, dont'give up.

A long-timer recently shared that the biggest gift from staying sober a long time was in knowing that ...
This Too Shall Pass.